In honor of the late Thomas Welch, Trustee of Grace Church of the Islands (Founding home of The Habersham School), and with the generous spirit of his wife, Lucia Welch, the Thomas C. Welch III Scholarship has been established for the following purpose: To award extraordinary student character and academic achievement that promotes The Habersham School’s stated Mission and Vision.
Terms of the Thomas C. Welch III Scholarship
- Only students 6th-8th grades are eligible
- Student must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA throughout the first two trimesters of the school year
- Student must participate in all key House competitions throughout the first two trimesters
- Student must support the Habersham Code of Conduct in word and deed
- Students must demonstrate the heart of a servant leader
Students who are finalists for the award will be required to submit a Pastor Recommendation form and a Letter of Recommendation from a teacher of their choice. One finalist will be chosen from each House to receive a scholarship toward the cost of tuition for the following year. The award will be presented at Closing Ceremonies at the end of each year.